NSW Police have confirmed the first possible sighting of Julian Ingram, who is wanted in connection to the shooting death of three people in Lake Cargelligo on Thursday.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised that this article contains the names of Indigenous people who have died, used with the permission of family.
Western Region Commander Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland said investigators received information overnight about the potential sighting at Mount Hope, an hour north-west of Lake Cargelligo.
“Tactical police are in that location now, carrying out multiple searches in the area,” he said.
“We are asking members of the public to exercise extreme caution.”
Mr Ingram is accused of killing three people and seriously injuring another in Lake Cargelligo on Thursday afternoon.
He was last seen leaving the town northwards, towards the community of Euabalong.Â
Sophie Quinn, 25, who was seven months pregnant, and a 32-year-old man were found dead in a vehicle on Bokhara Street.
It is understood Ms Quinn had previously been in a relationship with Mr Ingram, with police treating the matter as a domestic violence incident.
A short time later, police responded to reports of shots fired on Walker Street, where they found another man and woman with gunshot wounds.
Fifty-year-old Nerida Quinn, Sophie Quinn’s aunt, died, and 19-year-old Kaleb Macqueen was taken to Canberra Hospital in a serious but stable condition, where it is understood he remains.Â

Multiple crime scenes were established around Lake Cargelligo after the shooting on Thursday. (ABC News)
Location, heat make search difficult
Mount Hope is an isolated community between Lake Cargelligo and Cobar, but an area Assistant Commissioner Holland said Mr Ingram has frequented before.
“The farms are extraordinarily large in size and that’s what’s making the search difficult. There are open paddocks, scrub, bushland.”

The search for Julian Ingram is being conducted in the air and on the ground. (ABC News)
Assistant Commissioner Holland said specialist tactical offers, supported by PolAir, drone operators, and officers from the Western and South Police districts were assisting with the search.
“At this time, we don’t know that anyone is assisting Mr Ingram. We think he’s on his own, but we can’t rule out [or] dismiss the possibility he’s been assisted by locals.”
Temperatures in the area are also expected to reach the mid-40s today.
“The offender may move at night, during the cooler period, hence why we have PolAir stationed in the area,” Assistant Commissioner Holland said.
New information about vehicle
Police said new information had come to light in relation to the vehicle Mr Ingram is believed to be travelling in.
“We’ve had CCTV and dashcam footage supplied to police, which has enabled us to identify that the offender’s vehicle is actually a single-cab, Ford utility trayback, registration DM 07 GZ,” Assistant Commissioner Holland said.
Previously, police thought the vehicle was a dual cab.
Police say anyone who sees Mr Ingram or his vehicle should call 000 or contact CrimeStoppers immediately.