A 75-year-old has been arrested and charged with firearm offences following a search of the property in South Australia’s north-east where four-year-old Gus Lamont went missing last year.
SA Police have returned to Oak Park Station, near Yunta, searching for evidence in the boy’s disappearance.
Gus was reported missing on September 27.
Police say the firearms offences are not related to Gus’s disappearance, nor an incident at the station involving media in October.
“They have been bailed to appear in the Peterborough Magistrates Court on 6 May,” police said in a statement.
On February 5, police said a person who lived at the property was now considered a suspect, but the boy’s parents were not under investigation.

Police said the 75-year-old would face court in Peterborough. (ABC News: Rachael Merritt)
Earlier today, police revealed members of Task Force Horizon — which was established last year to investigate Gus’s disappearance — had returned to Oak Park Station.
They said they had gone back to the property to look for evidence but confirmed that search had concluded for the day.
Police told the media on February 5 that a vehicle, a motorcycle and electronic devices had been seized during a search at Oak Park Station on January 14 and 15.
They also declared Gus’s disappearance a major crime, saying they had been exploring three “investigation options” — that the boy walked off from Oak Park Station, that he was abducted or that someone known to him was involved in his disappearance and suspected death.
Police said they had found no evidence to suggest he had wandered off or was abducted.
The next day Gus’s grandparents, Josie and Shannon Murray, said the family had “cooperated fully with the investigation” and that they were “absolutely devastated” that police had said a person who lived at Oak Park had withdrawn their cooperation.