Getty
Sir Nick Faldo’s wife says he’s “doing very well” six weeks after heart surgery.
Earlier this year, English golf legend Sir Nick Faldo underwent open-heart surgery to repair an enlarged aorta. Six weeks following the successful surgery, Faldo’s wife, Lindsay, shared an encouraging update about the former PGA Tour star.
Faldo, who won six major championships in his illustrious career, is resting comfortably at home and hoping to make a full recovery by the 2026 Masters in April.
Sir Nick Faldo’s Wife Shares Update After Open-Heart Surgery
GettySir Nick Faldo is “doing very well” six weeks after his open-heart surgery.
We hadn’t heard much from Faldo’s camp since he underwent open-heart surgery in January, but that changed this week. On Thursday, Lindsay Faldo shared an Instagram post titled “The Long Road — Now We Move Forward.” In the statement, she provided a positive update about Faldo’s health and thanked fans for empathizing with the couple.
“The days leading up to the surgery carried their share of fear. Many of you later shared how deeply you felt that with us,” she wrote. “Now, as we enter six weeks on the other side, there is something different — relief. The kind that feels like a quiet exhale. The sense that we are over the hump and moving forward with firm ground beneath us.
“He’s doing very well. Recovery is steady, and perspective has settled in where fear once lived.”
Lindsay mentioned how grateful she is for the physicians and nurses at The Cleveland Clinic, where Faldo underwent his surgery. She also wanted to publicize the couple’s journey to help others in similar situations.
“Aortic conditions in particular can develop quietly, often without obvious symptoms. If sharing this experience raises awareness for even one person, it’s worthwhile,” she wrote. “I’m especially thankful to the many women who reached out to share their own experiences supporting a spouse through major surgery.
“For anyone walking this path now, know this: fear is real — but relief comes too. You are not alone. And you do get through it. Six weeks on. Steady. Grateful. Moving forward together.”
Faldo Hopes to Return to Full Health Before the 2026 Masters
We haven’t heard much from Faldo himself since his heart surgery, but his official X account mentioned that he doesn’t plan to be down for long. In a post from last month, the account said the 68-year-old will be back to doing what he loves soon.
“Nick is now looking ahead to returning to his golf course design work and to the Masters Week in Augusta, GA, where he will be celebrating ‘Six back in ’96,’” the post said.
Six back in ’96 refers to the 30th anniversary of Faldo erasing a six-stroke deficit to Greg Norman in the final round of the 1996 Masters. The win marked his third career Masters victory and sixth major championship, the most of any English player since 1915.
Faldo has been designing golf courses with Faldo Design for 26 years, and he’s eager to get back to work building courses around the world. Based on his wife’s optimistic update on his progress.
Jack Dougherty Jack Dougherty is an established sports journalist covering professional golf, Penn State football and the NFL with a focus on the Philadelphia Eagles for Heavy.com. His work has been featured on GoPSUSports.com, the Centre Daily Times, the Associated Press, Sportscasting, Sportmoney, Pro Golf Now and Yardbarker. More about Jack Dougherty
More Heavy on Golf
Loading more stories