South East Water has apologised to customers who may be experiencing a loss of water or low pressure, which it said was due to an issue at a treatment works.
The company has said customers in Tunbridge Wells might be affected by the problem at Pembury Water Treatment Works, which has resulted in the site shutting down.
This has caused the drinking water storage tanks in the area to run low, it added.
A spokeseperson said tankers had been deployed, water was being delivered to vulnerable customers and a bottled water station had been set up. On its website, it estimated the issue would be resolved by 06:00 GMT on Sunday.
Matthew Dean, head of operations control, said: “We’re sorry to customers in the Tunbridge Wells area who may be experiencing either no water or low pressure this evening.
“The water treatment process at our Pembury Water Treatment Works has not been working as it should, causing the site to shut down.
“This has caused the drinking water storage tanks in the area to run low. We are working to restore the treatment works as quickly as possible.”
Mr Dean said tankers had been deployed to support the water storage tanks and bottled water was being delivered to vulnerable customers in the area who had signed up to its Priority Services Register.
A bottled water station has been set up in Sovereign Way East Car Park in Tonbridge, the firm said on its website, but was due to shut at 22:00.
“More stations are being opened in the morning,” Mr Dean said.