The 13-year-old Ottawa girl who was injured in a chairlift incident at Centre Vorlage in western Quebec last week has died, according to her family.

The girl was on a school trip to Centre Vorlage when her clothing got caught on a ski lift as she attempted to dismount, the MRC des Collines de l’Outaouais police said. She was sent to the hospital in critical condition following the incident.

“We are devastated to share that our 13-year-old daughter, who was involved in a tragic accident at Vorlage ski hill last week, has passed away today, Sunday, February 15th. We would like to thank our community for their support and the outpouring of love we have received over the last few days.” the family said in statement released by CHEO.

“We would like to extend our love to all of those affected by this terrible tragedy. We are also grateful for everyone who took heroic action to help save our precious child. Her sweet, bubbly spirit and love for those around her will live on through the lives she has touched and the lives she has saved through Trillium Gift of Life organ donation.”

Centre Vorlage reopening

Centre Vorlage closed on Wednesday following the incident, but shared in a statement on Facebook on Sunday afternoon that it would begin reopening.

The business said its restaurant will reopen on Monday and on Tuesday, it will begin a “light reopening” of the ski hill.

“Safety remains an absolute priority for our entire team, and the resort will continue its efforts to ensure a careful and respectful return to normal operations for everyone affected by this tragic accident,” the statement reads.

“We wish to reiterate that skiing remains a safe activity when practiced in accordance with established safety rules. Resources are available on our website, and members of management will be on site to welcome you and answer any questions.”

On Friday, the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board announced it would be cancelling all ski trips involving chairlifts.