Prince William paid a low-key visit to several young refugees from Gaza receiving medical care in England.
“Recently, His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales met a small number of children from Gaza who are currently receiving specialist care in the U.K.,” a spokesperson for the Prince of Wales, 43, told Hello! in a Saturday, November 29, statement. “The Prince wished to offer a moment of comfort to these young people who have endured experiences no child should ever face.”
According to the rep, William was also “able to offer his heartfelt gratitude” to the country’s National Health Service (NHS) for their healthcare practices.
“The Prince was also able to offer his heartfelt gratitude to the NHS teams providing exceptional care during such a profoundly difficult time,” the statement continued. “His Royal Highness was moved by the courage shown by the children and their families and by the dedication of the team who are supporting them with such professionalism and humanity.”
The NHS began offering medical care to children impacted by Israel’s ongoing conflict in Gaza in September as part of the U.K. government’s humanitarian mission, per a BBC report. Amid the current ceasefire, an estimated 4,000 children in Gaza are in need of immediate medical intervention, according to UNICEF.
William has long shown an interest in humanitarian causes and volunteer endeavors, missions that he shared with late mother Princess Diana.
“I have taken some inspiration and guidance from what my mother did, particularly with homelessness,” William said in his 2024 ITV documentary, referring to a then-recent campaign to end homelessness. “I’ve slowly tried to work out, ‘What can I bring to the role and the platform that I have?’”
The prince launched Homewards in 2023 to help fund, build and intervene on behalf of individuals in need of homes. Diana, who died in 1997 during a fatal car accident, was also a patron of several charities targeting homeless youth.
William, for his part, is also passionate about the environment and even oversees the Earthshot Prize to help raise awareness for the cause.

Related: William Is ‘Still’ Himself Amid Family Health Crisis, Photographer Says
Per British tradition, Prince William has kept calm and carried on with his royal duties despite a “really trying” time for the royal family. “I think it remains very positive that Prince William has really stepped up to the mark with the king being out of action for a few months,” royal photographer Samir Hussein […]
“I think Prince William has been such an amazing person to work with, and there is such an incredible synergy between what he does and who he is and who we are,” Robert Irwin exclusively told Us Weekly in June of partnering with William on the Earthshot Prize. “It’s all about conservation. I think it’s wonderful that someone so influential — that has such a fantastic platform — is using that to really better our environment. He is a true environmental hero, and so working with him has been a great privilege.”
Irwin, 21, ultimately was not able to travel to Brazil for the 2025 awards ceremony early this month. The gala overlapped with his Dancing With the Stars commitments. William did send a video message instead.
“We’re missing you, Robert,” William said in a prerecorded video message earlier this month. “Whilst your twinkle toes are going off elsewhere, I need you down here.”
Thank You!
You have successfully subscribed.
William then jokingly told Irwin’s DWTS partner, Witney Carson to get him into “as much theater” as she could.
“You’ve got a seriously good chance at winning,” the royal added. “Just the best of luck on the show.”
Steve Irwin’s son subsequently revealed that it meant “the absolute world” to have William’s support in the ballroom. He and Carson, 32, ultimately won the entire competition.