Channel 9 is making the Married At First Sight drama last a little longer on Wednesday night as it launches a new spin-off show. MAFS: After The Dinner Party will be available to stream on Stan immediately after the Dinner Party episodes each week.
The show will be hosted by Jules Lund, with Brittany Hockley and Laura Byrne, and tonight’s premiere episode will feature relationship expert John Aiken. It comes after his colleague, Mel Schilling, announced on Tuesday she would be leaving after 12 seasons.
John will join the panel to dish the dirt on how the 2026 couples have been handling their newfound relationships and his advice on how they’ve behaved.
RELATED:
“This is probably some of the most explosive TV MAFS has ever seen,” Brittany said.
“We’re showing footage no one has ever seen before, we have the participants on the show and we get to call them out.”
According to Channel 9, After The Dinner Party will feature “unseen exclusive footage” and interviews with the cast directly after the infamous Wednesday night episodes are filmed.
Do you have a story? Email stew.perrie@yahooinc.com
While those episodes were filmed months ago, you’ll get to see how they’re feeling and what they think of each other when the drama is fresh.
There has already been a bit of argy-bargy between some of the brides, mainly Gia against Bec, and Brook against Stella.
Airing on February 18 appears to be significant as the network has claimed tonight’s Dinner Party is “so confronting it has to be seen to be believed”.
It also claimed there will be an allegation that “will split the experiment wide open”.

MAFS expert John Aiken will join the After The Dinner Part hosts Laura Byrne, Brittany Hockley, and Jules Lund. Picture: Stan
There have been a few promos featuring Bec screaming at unknown participants to not “come” for her husband, as well as bride walk-outs and an overturned chair.
Considering all the thrills and literal spills that have happened in previous seasons, it’s hard to imagine what will occur tonight that could cause so much outrage, so we’ll have to wait and see.
The Stan show will help tide audiences over until the Commitment Ceremony on Sunday night.
This isn’t the first time Channel 9 has done a spin-off about MAFS, as it has previously recruited former brides and grooms to react to current episodes.
Evelyn and Duncan had a show called Dinner Party Diaries last year that could be found on 9Now, Channel 9’s on-demand online streaming service.
Dom and Ella also had the Dinner Party Debrief in 2024, which was very similar.
There’s also an official MAFS podcast, which was co-hosted by John Aiken and Shelly Horton.
After The Dinner Party can be found on Stan weekly on Wednesday nights.
Major MAFS expert leaving after 12 seasons
The MAFS community was in shock on Tuesday when long-time expert, Mel Schilling, announced she was stepping away from the Aussie version of the reality TV show.
“After 12 extraordinary seasons, I have made the heartfelt decision to step away from my role,” she said.
“This hasn’t been a choice I’ve made lightly.
“In recent years, my health challenges and living in the UK spending up to three months a year away from my family is no longer sustainable.
SHOP:
“It has become clear that I must make a change that puts my family, health and time at the very centre of my life.
“What began as a small social experiment has grown into a global phenomenon, and I have felt truly privileged to be part of that journey.”
She has been an expert on MAFS since season two and has helped couples navigate their issues throughout after being thrown together at the altar.
Mel currently lives in London with her husband Gareth and their 10-year-old daughter, Maddie.
In December 2023, Mel was diagnosed with colon cancer, and underwent surgery to remove a tumour, which she nicknamed ‘Terry’. Last year, she revealed she had gone into remission.
Mel said she was “not leaving with sadness”, but a “deep sense of gratitude”.
Want the latest lifestyle and entertainment news? Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.