The Hull FC injury latest from John Cartwright.

15:44, 18 Feb 2026Updated 16:47, 18 Feb 2026

Hull FC forward Jed Cartwright.

Hull FC forward Jed Cartwright.(Image: SW PIX)

Hull FC will welcome back Jed Cartwright into the side at Wigan Warriors on Saturday night. However, Jake Arthur is still ‘touch and go’ to play.

The Black and Whites were without both players for last week’s Super League opener against Bradford Bulls, with Cartwright out with a head knock and Arthur with a minor hamstring strain.

However, Cartwright has now passed his final return-to-play checks and will take his place in the side, with Arthur given until Friday to prove his fitness.

“He got through today’s checks – he’ll be fine,” head coach John Cartwright told Hull Live when asked about the back rower. “It’s his first real hit out now; he’s had a bit of time out on the field, but his body is good and his head is clear now.”

On Arthur, Cartwright continued: “He’ll be touch and go for the game. We’ve still got a few days to go, so we’ll give him up to the captain’s run. It’s a one- to two-week injury so we’ll wait and see. He played the cup game and he had a trial game. It’s a bit frustrating for him but for football players, that’s their life.”

Elsewhere, the club are continuing to monitor the likes of John Asiata (hamstring) and James Bell (knee).

“We’re just taking it week by week,” Cartwright said. “When they 100% get the okay and the all clear, then we’ll bring them back in.”

Hull will also be without Ligi Sao against Wigan, with the prop forward copping a two-game ban after a dangerous contact charge.

“It’s a tough game and accidents happen,” Cartwright added. “Ligi was on the end of one on the weekend. It’s frustrating, but again, that’s the life of a footballer. It’s a physical game that we play and you get hurt; mistakes happen, and we’ve just got to keep moving on.”