The Fullerton Police Department announced Saturday that detectives arrested a 73-year-old Anaheim man in connection with two indecent exposure incidents reported at the same shopping center parking lot in 2025 and early 2026.

Police said both incidents occurred in the 1800 block of West Malvern Avenue, where witnesses reported a man sitting inside a vehicle and engaging in lewd behavior while his window was lowered.

Investigators said the first case occurred in 2025, when officers responded to reports of a man exposing himself in a busy public area. In mid-January, police were again called to the same location after a woman reported a man seated in a vehicle with his pants down who allegedly offered her money to watch him perform sexual acts before exposing himself.

Detectives determined the same suspect was responsible for both incidents and identified him as Marshall Leonard, 73, of Anaheim.

Authorities said Leonard has multiple prior convictions for indecent exposure and had previously been required to register as a sex offender for decades. According to police, he was removed from the registry in October 2024 after successfully petitioning the court.

Police said Leonard had been classified as a Tier 1 registrant under rules set by the California Department of Justice. Based on changes in state law and his classification, he was eligible to seek removal after 10 years, though periods of incarceration delayed that eligibility. He petitioned the court in 2023, and the registration requirement was terminated the following year.

On Feb. 5, detectives took Leonard into custody on an arrest warrant tied to the two cases and served search warrants at his home and vehicle, police said.

The investigation remains ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Fullerton Police Sensitive Crimes Detective Kaprielian at 714-738-6763 or by email at nicole.kaprielian@fullertonpd.org. Anonymous tips can be submitted through Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS or online at occrimestoppers.org.

Copyright 2026 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to KTLA.