An Anaheim man accused of posting online death threats against Vice President J.D. Vance during a family trip to Disneyland last year has pleaded not guilty.
Back in July 2025, Marco Aguayo allegedly posted a pipe bomb threat on the theme park’s Instagram on the same day the vice president and his family were visiting the resort.
“Pipe bombs have been placed in preparation for J.D. Vance’s arrival,” he allegedly wrote, according to a federal complaint first reported by Seamus Hughes’ Court Watch.
Vice President JD Vance was seen strolling through Disneyland while on a trip to Southern California in July 2025. (@DisneyScoopGuy)
“It’s time for us to rise up and you will be a witness to it,” he allegedly added, along with, “Good luck finding all of them on time there will be bloodshed tonight and we will bathe in the blood of corrupt politicians,” the complaint says.
Southern California man threatened ‘bloodshed’ at Disneyland during Vance’s visit, feds say
Aguayo admitted to writing the post but claimed it was meant as a joke, authorities said. He was charged with making threats against the president and successors to the presidency.
The trial will begin on March 23 in Santa Ana.
If convicted as charged, Aguayo could face five years in federal prison.
Copyright 2026 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to KTLA.
