4 juveniles shot in Orlando, police say
RIGHT NOW AT NINE, BATTLING MULTIPLE BRUSHFIRES. NOW THERE ARE JUST SOME OF THE SCENES THAT ARE COMING OUT OF OSCEOLA, VOLUSIA AND LAKE COUNTIES. WE’LL SHOW YOU JUST HOW MUCH DAMAGE WAS DONE THIS WEEKEND. ALSO HAD BRIGHTLINE IS UNVEILING THEIR NEWEST TRAIN DESIGN, HOW IT CELEBRATES 250 YEARS OF HISTORY IN THE UNITED STATES. PLUS, I DIDN’T KNOW IF I’D EVER WIN THIS RACE. IT’S JUST IT’S IT’S SURREAL, HONESTLY. IT WAS AN EXCITING END TO THE DAYTONA 500, HOW THIS YEAR’S CHAMP WAS ABLE TO TAKE HOME THE CROWN AFTER ZERO WINS LAST YEAR. WESH TWO NEWS STARTS NOW WITH BREAKING NEWS. AND THAT BREAKING NEWS IS HAPPENING IN BREVARD COUNTY. LOOK AT THE BEACH. LINE 528 WESTBOUND IS SHUT DOWN AND THIS IS RIGHT AS YOU APPROACH I-95. IT’S BECAUSE OF AN EARLIER TRACTOR TRAILER CRASH. IT WAS JACKKNIFED BLOCKING THE ROAD. WE SEE THAT TRAFFIC IS STOPPED, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY’VE BEEN ABLE TO TOW THAT TRACTOR TRAILER OUT OF THERE. AND WE’RE HOPING AT ANY MOMENT THE BEACH LINE WILL REOPEN. IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THE RESIDUAL DELAYS BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE FOR THESE MILES AND MILES OF DELAYS TO CLEAR, YOU’LL WANT TO TAKE EITHER 520 AS AN ALTERNATE TO GET WEST, OR YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE COLONIAL. WE’LL STAY ON TOP OF THAT BEACH LINE CRASH HERE ON WESH TWO NEWS. AND WE DO. THANK YOU FOR JOINING US ON THIS MONDAY. I’M MEREDITH MCDONOUGH. I’M JASON GUY. ANOTHER BIG SITUATION UNFOLDING OVER THE WEEKEND. FIREFIGHTERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTAIN A HUGE BRUSH FIRE. THIS ONE WAS BURNING IN OSCEOLA COUNTY. THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE AS THEY WATCH IT, IT STAYS UNDER CONTROL. IT’S TORCHED DOZENS OF ACRES AND A PLANT NURSERY SUPPLY COMPANY JUST WEST OF KISSIMMEE. AS WESH 2’S BOB HAZEN TELLS US, THAT SAME BUSINESS CAUGHT FIRE THE DAY. AND THIS MORNING, FIREFIGHTERS ARE STILL OUT HERE AT THIS BUSINESS, MAKING SURE THAT THE FLAMES DON’T CROP UP AGAIN. AND EVEN THOUGH WE GOT SOME RAIN YESTERDAY, THERE IS STILL A HIGH RISK FOR MORE OF THESE BRUSH FIRES. WE DO HAVE SOME DRONE VIDEO SHOWING THE FLAMES BURNING AT THIS BUSINESS YESTERDAY. IT’S CALLED NURSERY SUPPLIES, INC. IT MAKES PLASTIC PLANTERS AND IT ERUPTED IN FLAMES BECAUSE OF A BRUSH FIRE IN THE INTERCESSION CITY AREA. HERE, OSCEOLA COUNTY FIRE RESCUE SAYS THE DRY CONDITIONS IN THE SPREAD FAST THROUGH THE OUTSIDE INVENTORY. ABOUT 50 ACRES AROUND HERE BURNED. THEY HAD TO EVACUATE THE NURSERY SUPPLIES BUSINESS, ALONG WITH A NEARBY RESTAURANT DEPOT AND SOME OTHER STRUCTURES. OFFICIALS SAY THE QUICK MOVING FIRE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHY THEY’RE ASKING PEOPLE NOT TO DO ANY OUTSIDE BURNING RIGHT NOW, BONFIRES WHEN IT’S BEEN COLD, OUTDOOR GRILLING, BURN PITS, YARD TRASH BURNING, ANYTHING LIKE THAT. THOSE EMBERS CAN VERY QUICKLY MOVE OFF INTO THE VEGETATION AND RAPIDLY SPREAD. AND AGAIN, WE WERE AT THIS SAME NURSERY SUPPLIES COMPANY EXACTLY THREE YEARS AGO FOR ANOTHER HUGE FIRE, TWO ACRES WORTH OF PLASTIC PALLETS WERE DESTROYED BACK THEN, AND IT BURNED FOR MORE THAN 12 HOURS. OFFICIALS DO SAY THIS LATEST FIRE HERE IN OSCEOLA COUNTY IS NOW 100% CONTAINED, COVERING OSCEOLA COUNTY BOB HAZEN WESH TWO NEWS. FOUR SEPARATE BRUSHFIRES ALONG 95 ALSO SCORCHED ABOUT TEN ACRES IN VOLUSIA COUNTY. THIS IS THE FOREST NEXT TO THE CORNERSTONE GROVE SUBDIVISION IN PORT ORANGE. CREWS WORKING OVERTIME THERE TO EXTINGUISH THE FLAMES BEFORE THEY REACHED HOMES. I PANICKED. I GRABBED THE DOGS AND PRETTY MUCH GRABBED HER AND LEFT IMMEDIATELY. WELL, NEIGHBORS COULD BE SEEN TAKING FIRE HOSES AND SPRAYING DOWN NEARBY VEGETATION TO PROTECT THEIR HOMES WHILE A CAR CAUGHT FIRE ON I-95. AND THEN THE FIRE DEPARTMENT THERE QUICKLY LEAPT OFF THE ROAD INTO THE WOODS. A SEPARATE FIRE SCORCHED THE GROUND AT THE CRAZY HORSE CAMPGROUND, UP BY DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY. CHECK OUT THESE PICTURES POSTED BY DAYTONA BEACH FIRE. THIS SHOWS THE AFTERMATH OF THE BRUSH FIRE DEPARTMENT SAYS IT INVOLVED ANYWHERE FROM 20 TO 30 VEHICLES, ABOUT TWO ACRES. IT SCORCHED AND CREWS HAD TO BRING IN MULTIPLE HOSE LINES TO BATTLE FLAMES. NO INJURIES WERE REPORTED IN LAKE COUNTY. THE FIRE SERVICE SPENT THE WEEKEND BATTLING A WILDFIRE IN CLERMONT. YOU’RE TAKING A LOOK HERE. DRONE VIDEO FROM A VIEWER. IT HAS SINCE BEEN CONTAINED, BUT CREWS SAID THEY WERE LITERALLY FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE, USING A BACK BURN OF MORE THAN 500 CREWS THERE TO TRY TO CONTAIN IT. THERE ARE STILL BURN BANS IN PLACE FOR SEVERAL OF OUR COUNTIES IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. WE’VE GOT THOSE HIGHLIGHTED HERE IN RED. YOU CAN SEE THE FULL LIST UP ON SCREEN COUNTIES WITH TOTAL BURN BANS ARE IN RED, AND ORANGE COUNTY IS MARKED IN ORANGE. THERE. IT’S BECAUSE YARD DEBRIS BURNING IS ALWAYS BANNED IN THAT COUNTY. OUR WESH TWO NEWS TEAM IS KEEPING TRACK OF THE FIRES IN CENTRAL FLORIDA ON AIR AND ONLINE. YOU CAN GET BREAKING NEWS AND SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS THROUGH OUR WESH TWO MOBILE APPS. TURN ON ALERTS. ONE PERSON IS LUCKY TO BE ALIVE AFTER VOLUSIA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPUTY PULLED THEM OUT OF A BURNING HOUSE. BODY CAMERA VIDEO CAPTURED THE RESCUE. TAKE A LOOK. I DON’T SEE THAT ANYBODY IS OUT OF THE HOUSE. OKAY, SO THIS HAPPENED EARLY SUNDAY MORNING AT A DELAND HOUSE ALONG PALMETTO AVENUE. YOU CAN SEE HERE FROM THE DEPUTY AUSTIN GRAHAM’S BODY CAMERA. THE TOP OF THE HOUSE WAS ON FIRE. NOT SEEING ANYONE OUTSIDE. THE DEPUTY THEN WENT UP TO THE DOOR, BROKE A WINDOW TO CHECK OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON INSIDE. SHERIFF’S OFFICE. I GOT SOMEONE ON THE GROUND. ARE ARE WELL, SOME HELP THERE FROM ANOTHER DEPUTY. GRAHAM WAS ABLE TO PULL THE UNRESPONSIVE VICTIM OUT OF THE HOUSE. SHE WAS THEN TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL AND IS EXPECTED TO MAKE A FULL RECOVERY. BOTH DEPUTIES ARE ALSO OKAY. HEARTBREAKING. SEMINOLE COUNTY A TODDLER DEAD AFTER WANDERING INTO A POND AFTER DARK. SANFORD POLICE SAY IT HAPPENED JUST AFTER TEN SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE WINDCHASE APARTMENTS. AUTHORITIES FOUND THE CHILD IN A RETENTION POND, NOT BREATHING AND UNRESPONSIVE. THE CHILD WENT TO A HOSPITAL WHERE THEY WERE LATER PRONOUNCED DEAD. THE SANFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT BELIEVES THE CHILD WOKE UP AND THEN LEFT THE HOME. WHEN EVERYONE WENT TO BED. SO DEVASTATING. A $5,000 REWARD IS NOW BEING OFFERED IN THE CASE OF THIS ORLANDO WOMAN WHO’S BEEN MISSING FOR MONTHS. TAKE A LOOK AT THE SCREEN HERE. ROBERT TINE SOLLFRANK WAS LAST SEEN IN NOVEMBER ON THE 23RD. SHE WAS ALSO SEEN ALONG LEE AVENUE IN THE PARAMORE NEIGHBORHOOD. POLICE SAY THAT SHE HAD PLANNED TO SPEND THE HOLIDAY WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BUT NEVER ARRIVED. POLICE THEN SAY THAT THE CONCERN WENT FURTHER AND IT GREW WHEN SHE MISSED HER CHILD’S BIRTHDAY IN EARLY DECEMBER. NOW, POLICE ARE ASKING ANYONE WITH INFORMATION TO REACH OUT TO CRIMELINE. WE DO HAVE THAT NUMBER ON YOUR SCREEN. IT’S BEEN TWO WEEKS SINCE OUR MOM WAS TAKEN AND. I JUST WANTED TO COME ON AND SAY THAT WE STILL HAVE HOPE AND WE STILL BELIEVE. ALL RIGHT, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE PUT THIS NEW VIDEO OUT JUST LAST NIGHT, AGAIN PLEADING FOR THE PERSON WHO TOOK HER MOTHER TO COME FORWARD. IT’S NOW BEEN 16 DAYS SINCE NANCY GUTHRIE DISAPPEARED. THE TODAY CO-HOST IS SAYING HER MOTHER’S ALLEGED KIDNAPERS QUOTE, IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO DO THE RIGHT THING. WE ARE HERE. AND WE BELIEVE. AND WE BELIEVE IN THE ESSENTIAL GOODNESS OF EVERY HUMAN BEING. AND IT’S NEVER TOO LATE. OVER THE WEEKEND, A SOURCE CONFIRMED THAT A GLOVE CONTAINING DNA EVIDENCE WAS RECOVERED ROUGHLY TWO MILES FROM NANCY GUTHRIE’S HOME. IT APPEARS TO BE THE SAME GLOVE WORN BY A PERSON SEEN IN DOORBELL CAM VIDEO ON THE MORNING OF THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE 84 YEAR OLD. AND NBC NEWS IS ALSO REPORTING AUTHORITIES ARE LEANING AWAY FROM SEVERAL INDIVIDUALS PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT OF AS SUSPECTS, AS WELL AS ANY OF GUTHRIE’S RELATIVES. HOWEVER, NO ONE HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY RULED OUT AND INVESTIGATORS ARE CONTINUING TO PURSUE LEADS. MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD OUR FREE WESH TWO MOBILE APP AND TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS. IF THERE’S ANY BREAK IN THE CASE, WE’RE GOING TO SEND YOU AN ALERT. IT’S PRESIDENT’S DAY AND BRIGHTLINE HAS UNVEILED SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL. IN HONOR OF AMERICA’S 250TH ANNIVERSARY. LIV. RIGHT NOW, THIS IS OUR FIRST LOOK AT THE FREEDOM EXPRESS. IT’S ESSENTIALLY A WRAP THAT HONORS AMERICA’S HISTORY FOR THE COUNTRY’S 250TH ANNIVERSARY. THE TEN COACH TRAIN CREATES A TIMELINE FEATURING SIGNIFICANT MOMENTS. FIRST RESPONDERS WILL BE AMONG THOSE WHO GET TO BE ON THE INAUGURAL RIDE THIS MORNING, AND YOU’LL BE SEEING THIS DESIGN ON THE TRACKS THROUGH JULY. THIS IS THE MOST AMERICAN THING I’VE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE. DRIVERS, START YOUR ENGINE. ALL RIGHT, NATE BARGATZE GETTING THEM GOING AT THE 2026 DAYTONA 500. THIS RACE IS NOW IN THE BOOKS. IT SURE DID NOT DISAPPOINT. TYLER REDDICK WON THE 500 IN A CAR OWNED BY MICHAEL JORDAN IN THE FINAL LAP. YES, HE TOOK THAT LEAD AFTER CHASE ELLIOTT, CAUSING A CRASH IN REDDICK’S. VICTORY COMES AFTER A TOUGH SEASON. HE DIDN’T WIN ANY TITLES LAST YEAR. LAST YEAR WAS REALLY HARD FOR ALL OF US, HARD FOR ME. WHEN YOU’RE A CUP DRIVER AND YOU GET TO THIS LEVEL AND DRIVE FOR MICHAEL JORDAN, YOU KNOW IT’S EXPECTED TO WIN EVERY SINGLE YEAR. AND THERE WAS MANY POINTS IN THIS RACE WHERE WE WEREN’T MAKING THE DECISION THAT WE WANTED TO, BUT WE JUST RESET. AND EVERY OPPORTUNITY THAT WE GOT, WE WENT BACK AT IT. OKAY, WE WANT TO SHOW YOU HOW THIS ALL CAME TO AN END. YOU’VE GOT, OF COURSE, TYLER REDDICK, NUMBER 45 THERE AT THE TOP. THEY’RE ALL FINISHED WITHIN 3/10 OF A SECOND OF THE LEADER. NEXT UP, THE CUP SERIES WILL ROLL TO ATLANTA FOR THE AUTOTRADER 400. AND NASCAR MAY HAVE BUMPED UP THE RACE BY AN HOUR TRYING TO AVOID THE WORST OF THE WEATHER. THAT’S TRUE, THOUGH, DID NOT STOP THE FANS FROM ROLLING WITH THE PUNCHES OVER THE WEEKEND, AND THEY HAD A BLAST OUT THERE. SPEEDWEEKS IN THE DAYTONA 500 WERE EXPECTED TO BRING A BIG ECONOMIC BOOST, WITH MORE THAN HALF A MILLION PEOPLE PACKING HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS. SUPER BOWL OF NASCAR. WE JUST MET PEOPLE FROM CANADA, VANCOUVER IN THE PARKING LOT. THIS IS THEIR FIRST 500. BROUGHT MY FRIEND FROM PENNSYLVANIA MARGOT ZACH. HER SONS USED TO RACE. IT WILL BE VERY PROUD TO SEE THEIR MOTHER AT THE RACETRACK TODAY. MORE THAN $31 MILLION WAS ALSO UP FOR GRABS HERE, SETTING A RECORD FOR THE LARGEST PURSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE DAYTONA 500 RACE. AND CHECK THIS OUT. THE ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENT MOTOR UNIT HELPED OUT WITH SECURITY THERE FOR THE 500. THEY WORKED ALONGSIDE THE DAYTONA BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE VOLUSIA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE, AND AS PARTNERS. THEY MADE SURE THE EVENT WAS SAFE FOR EVERYONE. COMING UP, RACING LEGEND WILL JOIN US LIVE HERE IN THE STUDIO. TONY SMOKE STEWART TELLS US ABOUT HIS FIRST TRUCK SERIES RACE IN 20 YEARS. AND STRAIGHT AHEAD. TEACHING STUDENTS TO USE THEIR VOICES AND TRIGGER CHANGE.
Four juveniles were shot in Orlando on Sunday during a dispute, according to the Orlando Police Department. Police responded to a report of a shooting in the 400 block of S. Parramore Avenue at around 11:51 p.m. Once officers arrived, they found four juveniles who had been shot. >> Video above: Top headlines for Feb. 16 in Central FloridaThree of the victims sustained injuries that were not life-threatening, while one victim suffered injuries that were considered life-threatening.Preliminary investigation indicates the shooting started from a dispute involving other juveniles, according to police. Details about what they were arguing about are unknown. >> This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more details are released.
ORLANDO, Fla. —
Four juveniles were shot in Orlando on Sunday during a dispute, according to the Orlando Police Department.
Police responded to a report of a shooting in the 400 block of S. Parramore Avenue at around 11:51 p.m. Once officers arrived, they found four juveniles who had been shot.
>> Video above: Top headlines for Feb. 16 in Central Florida
Three of the victims sustained injuries that were not life-threatening, while one victim suffered injuries that were considered life-threatening.
Preliminary investigation indicates the shooting started from a dispute between other juveniles, according to police. Details about what they were arguing about are unknown.
>> This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more details are released.