A new operator of the Erie Basin Marina has yet to be selected, but Buffalo Comptroller Barbara Miller Williams wants the city to pause its search until her concerns laid out in an audit are addressed.

One of those concerns, according to a letter to the Buffalo Common Council, claims the city wasn’t receiving any revenue.

The city cut ties with longtime operator Smith Boys last year, and then a request for qualifications was sent out.

Common Council Member Mitch Nowakowski is bothered that the process is taking so long. He says the city comptroller was non-existent during that R-F-Q process. 

“I don’t know what else is new, it seems that they have questions about the RFQ process,” Nowakowski said. “It is publicly online, publicly submitted and happened in mid-December with the previous administration. If they had any questions, we were widely available. So I don’t understand the questions now, come February 3.”