A viral series of videos posted on social media this week shows what appear to be armed immigration agents entering a San Antonio home as residents inside question their authority and repeatedly ask why the agents are there.
U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro is calling for an investigation after the footage surfaced, questioning whether agents violated constitutional protections by entering a private residence without a judge’s warrant.
The incident has intensified scrutiny of immigration enforcement activity in San Antonio and raised broader questions about how federal agents identify themselves and carry out home enforcement actions.
Maggie Guillen, who identified herself in social media posts as the homeowner, published videos and images of the incident on Thursday and Friday. She said agents entered her home without showing a warrant and that there were women and children present. She said those inside the home have legal status and that agents later acknowledged they were searching for the wrong person. No arrests were made, according to Guillen.
As the videos circulated, Guillen continued posting about the encounter, emphasizing that it occurred in San Antonio and not in the Rio Grande Valley.
“I’m scared,” she wrote after the incident. “We can’t even sleep in peace after what happened.”
Castro addressed the incident Friday during a Facebook livestream, describing it as a warrantless entry into a family’s home by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents. He called it a “home invasion,” saying agents “barged into the house with no warrant,” refused to leave, moved people around and “roughed up somebody at the house.
“There is no American way to explain that. What we saw in that video was a scene out of Russia,” he said.
Castro said he is seeking answers from federal authorities about the encounter. He said he has not received an explanation from the agency. The San Antonio Express-News reached out to ICE and the Department of Homeland Security for comment, but they did not immediately respond.
He framed the incident as part of what President Donald Trump “has done to America” and said Gov. Greg Abbott is backing ICE operations that are “terrorizing U.S. citizens.” San Antonians are “extremely alarmed” by the “lawless behavior” of ICE, he said.
READ MORE: U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro calls ICE facility in South Texas a ‘prison.’
The videos, recorded by different people, are chaotic. They show two agents moving through the home and up a staircase with their guns drawn. Adults and agents shout at each other throughout the footage. At least one child can be seen in the videos during the encounter.
Several of the agents are seen wearing tactical vests labeled “POLICE.” No ICE insignia is visible on the vests shown in the videos.
Across multiple clips reviewed by the Express-News, residents repeatedly ask the agents to identify the person they are searching for and to provide a name, but the agents do not identify a suspect or provide a name.
At least one of the agents can be heard asking, “Where is he?” Moments later, as the agents run back downstairs, one of them yells toward the women, “He’s a child molester, you know that?”
Another video appears to show agents struggling with a man near the front of the home before taking him to the ground. It is unknown what led to the confrontation or whether the man was detained. The footage later shows the agents exiting the home, getting into an unmarked vehicle and driving away.
The San Antonio encounter comes as ICE enforcement practices face heightened national scrutiny. Last month, the Associated Press reported that ICE officers have asserted authority to forcibly enter homes without a judge’s warrant, citing an internal memo obtained from a congressional official.
The memo, signed by Acting ICE Director Todd Lyons and dated May 12, 2025, instructs officers that they may use force to enter a residence with only an administrative immigration warrant, departing from long-standing Fourth Amendment guidance.
The Fourth Amendment generally requires a judge’s warrant or consent for law enforcement to enter a private residence. Immigration attorneys say warrantless entries by federal agents can raise constitutional concerns, particularly when administrative immigration warrants are involved.
This is a developing story.
This article originally published at Videos appear to show ICE agents entering San Antonio home with no warrant.