The search for Nancy Guthrie stretched into its 14th day today, with investigators continuing to pursue leads after a recent court-ordered search did not result in any arrests.
Two sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News that authorities are leaning away from considering as a suspect the man whose home was searched Friday night. Investigators are also leaning away from a man named Carlos, who was stopped in a car earlier this week, as a suspect, the sources said.
In addition, investigators are leaning away from any relatives of Guthrie as suspects, according to the sources. They cautioned that no one has been officially ruled out, and investigators continue to focus on other leads.
Law enforcement officials executed a federal search warrant at a home near Guthrie’s residence at East Orange Grove Road and North First Avenue on Friday night. Authorities confirmed that no arrests were made following the search. Deputies also conducted a traffic stop connected to the case, questioning one individual, but no one was taken into custody.