Reports earlier today from the Daily Telegraph claimed that Alejandro Garnacho was close to finally moving to Chelsea after a long summer saga.

The Blues have apparently finally forced Manchester United to a price between £35m and £40m, which is acceptable to those making the decisions at Chelsea.

Romano claims deal is 90% done after months of back and forthFabrizio Romano speaks about Alejandro Garnacho.Fabrizio Romano speaks about Alejandro Garnacho.

Fabrizio Romano has now backed up those claims in a video online. He repeats what he’s said all summer – Garnacho was only ever interested in a move to Chelsea, and has done all he can to make it happen. United’s demands have gradually fallen, while the Blues held firm in their strong negotiating position.

The Italian insider told DAZN in Spain that a deal is “90% done,” and he’s very close to giving it his lauded “Here We Go” tag to label it as a done deal.

You can see Romano speaking (in Spanish) in the clip embedded here:

🚨 GARNACHO, HERE WE GO

El Manchester United aún tiene que aceptar la última oferta del Chelsea: 35-40M de libras@FabrizioRomano ve la operación al 90% en #DAZNTRANSFER ↗️ pic.twitter.com/pJVlFTb6sU

— DAZN Fútbol (@DAZNFutbol) August 27, 2025

Garnacho set for Chelsea move as asking price reaches Blues’ offer

Garnacho’s potential move to Chelsea has generated plenty of column inches already – we don’t need to go through it all again. Despite his struggles at Man U last year he’s clearly a talented player with a lot to offer, and perhaps more importantly, he’s worth a lot more money than the £35m Chelsea are hoping to pay for him.

Whether he works out at Stamford Bridge or not, the potential is there to make a lot of money on him. And that’s the real reason this transfer is happening. There is so much upside for Chelsea – but only if they get the player at the right price. That’s why it’s been such a long, drawn out saga, and the Blues are only getting their man now.