The online feud between ESPN analyst Mina Kimes and former “Last Chance U” coach Jason Brown is not showing signs of abating. On Friday, Brown sat down with controversial analyst Jason Whitlock, who has previously criticized Kimes, and discussed the feud. Brown said he doesn’t have an army of people defending him on social media, unlike the NFL analyst.
“It’s again all eyes on me,” he said. “Everyone’s against me. I don’t have a defense team. Uh I do have some attorneys and stuff, but I don’t have like a social media defense team like she does obviously. It’s ironic that you have half of ESPN that I know and we’re cool and I’ve gotten text messages from some of her own colleagues. I won’t divulge, but it’s unbelievable. The laughing is actually at her, not with her. And I don’t believe she realizes it.”
•
![]()
Looking to predict NFL playoff Scenarios? Try our NFL Playoff Predictor for real-time simulations and stay ahead of the game!
“But the fact that what you alluded to is how alarming social media is and how fake it is. It’s not a real place because the former NFL players apparently and the people that work at ESPN to take her side is a mockery… Now they’ve taken this thing so out of context and then she shows false allegations against me that were totally fake. It’s unbelievable and that’s what apparently I’m being cooked on social media for.”
The dispute started when Brown took a dig at Kimes after she assessed Drake Maye‘s performance against the Tennessee Titans in Week 7. Brown called out the analyst on “The Coach JB Show with Big Smitty” on Wednesday, while posting a tweet attacking Kimes.
“Mina Kimes make me a sammich! @minakimes and @danorlovsky7 can’t allow this much longer!”
After Kimes called him a “clout-chasing psycho,” the dispute became personal. She also brought up an October 2024 tweet from Brett Kollman that read Brown was charged with eight felonies for blackmail and identity theft.
Brown responded by accusing Kimes of manufacturing fake rape charges against his players.
“Because you make up false allegations like you did about my 3 players false rape charges with your friend @SarahSpain did you forget? Let me find it for you!” Brown tweeted.
Because you make up false allegations like you did about my 3 players false rape charges with your friend @SarahSpain did you forget? Let me find it for you!
Jason Brown sued Netflix months before starting a feud with Mina Kimes
Jason Brown made headlines back in March when he filed a $30 million lawsuit against Netflix, following in the footsteps of six former college players who appeared in the “Last Chance U” series produced by the company.
Brown explained that he felt the streaming service took advantage of him and the players.
“We’re not actors, we’re coaches, players,” Brown said, via TMZ. “We had no clue about this. And the ironic part of it is, I know the numbers. There’s a reason that show is still on Netflix. I do believe there’s some advantage being taken of us for the simple fact the numbers that they’ve gotten. I know how many viewers, I know the viewership, I know the money that’s involved if you just do the simple math.”
Why did you not like this content?
Cancel
Submit
Was this article helpful?
Thank You for feedback
Edited by Orlando Silva