LAS VEGAS — The Los Angeles Dodgers will dive into the deep waters of the free-agent relief market for the second consecutive offseason, flexing their massive resources while seeking to upgrade a group that struggled mightily during their World Series run.

The Dodgers are looking to add at least one high-leverage right-handed bullpen arm, league sources told The Athletic.

Dodgers general manager Brandon Gomes affirmed Tuesday that the Dodgers could sign a reliever as they ramp up for a potential three-peat. Candidates include at least one familiar target already clear at this week’s annual general manager’s meetings in Las Vegas, sources said: two-time All-Star reliever Devin Williams.

The Dodgers had been in the mix to trade for Williams last winter before the Milwaukee Brewers shipped him to the New York Yankees. Williams even said in his introductory press conference with New York, “I kind of thought I’d be going to LA.”

His Yankees campaign fell off the rails as Williams posted a 4.79 ERA and lost his closer role by the end of the season (though his 2.68 FIP and 13.1 strikeouts per nine innings suggest he was still productive).

Now, there appears to be mutual interest between the two sides early in Williams’ first foray into free agency.

Consider the Dodgers to be doubling down after seeing how last offseason went with free-agent relievers. That started with signing Tanner Scott to a four-year, $72 million contract in January, and signing Kirby Yates for $13 million shortly before spring training. Both deals backfired. Scott had a 4.74 ERA in the closer’s role and didn’t throw a pitch in October, and Yates never even made a postseason roster after having a 5.23 ERA in 50 appearances.

That, after years of largely avoiding big free-agent commitments to relievers, could have dissuaded the Dodgers from wading into that area of the pool again. Instead, they’re contemplating using their resources to reload.

“I think it’s being very targeted in who we go out and look to acquire,” Gomes said. “I think that holds true across the board, without many glaring holes. So I think it’s taking this time to look at what is available, what fits in free agency, and also the different avenues that we can. So I think the mindset is still to approach the offseason and not have to go out and make big splashy trades at the deadline.”

They could be adding while counting on bounce-back seasons from Blake Treinen (5.40 ERA in 32 appearances) and Scott, who Gomes still said is in the team’s mix to potentially close games in 2026.

“He’s certainly one of the guys in that group,” Gomes said. “I think we’ve seen it in the past with guys, there is reliever volatility. Unfortunately, we’ve seen this happen in the past with other great relievers. So our full belief is that Tanner is gonna come back and have a great year for us next year, and be right there in the mix to pitch at the back end of games.”

The hope, Gomes said, is that their bullpen picture also factors in renewed health from options such as Brusdar Graterol, Evan Phillips, Kyle Hurt and others.

The rest of the relief market still has yet to take shape, though Pete Fairbanks makes sense as a speculative target. The former Tampa Bay Rays closer has drawn interest from several clubs since his 2026 club option wasn’t picked up, and the Dodgers have expressed interest in trading for the reliever in the past. Tampa tried trading Fairbanks this past week, as The Athletic reported, but now the Dodgers could pursue him as a free agent.

New York Mets closer Edwin Díaz is now on the open market after opting out of his record-setting five-year, $102 million deal, though he has a qualifying offer attached to him that could dissuade clubs such as the Dodgers (who already will have to suffer draft penalties due to their spending) from going after him.

San Diego’s Robert Suarez opted out of his deal, though it’s unclear how heavily the Dodgers will go after the sinkerballer, who has a 2.91 ERA in 206 appearances in the big leagues.

The Dodgers would be gambling again on reliever volatility. The three highest-paid relievers in baseball this season — Díaz, Houston’s Josh Hader, and Scott — combined to throw zero pitches this October. The Dodgers, of course, won the World Series anyway.