Josh Naylor’s five-year, $92.5 million deal to stay in Seattle was the first big news of the hot-stove season. The deal arrived days after the conclusion of the General Manager Meetings in Las Vegas. The Winter Meetings begin in the second week of December in Orlando.
Will any other top free agents—many of whom rejected qualifying offers last week—move before the offseason’s biggest event?
Here’s the latest on the top-15 available free agents:
1 | OF Kyle Tucker
The 28-year-old Tucker figures to draw interest from all the teams playing at the top of the free agent market. Tucker, who rejected a $22.05 million qualifying offer, hit .266/.377/.464 with 22 homers, 73 RBIs and a 25 steals in his one year with the Cubs.
2 | DH Kyle Schwarber
The Red Sox and Pirates, according to various reports, have been among teams that have interest in the 32-year-old Schwarber, who hit an NL best 56 homers and drove in an MLB-best 132 runs in 2025. Schwarber finished second in NL MVP voting.
3 | OF Cody Bellinger
The Angels have inquired about the 30-year-old former MVP, according to Jon Heyman of the New York Post. Bellinger’s 29 homers this year with the Yankees were his most since winning that MVP with 47 in 2019.
4 | SP Framber Valdez
The 30-year-old enters free agency with a 3.36 ERA in 1080 innings in eight years with the Astros. Valdez rejected a $22.05 million qualifying offer from the Astros.
5 | 3B Alex Bregman
The 31-year-old opted out of the final two years and $80 million, including $40 million in deferred money, for another crack at free agency. Bregman hit .273/.360/.462 with 18 homers in 114 games in his one year in Boston.
6 | 3B Eugenio Suarez
Even after the Josh Naylor deal, the Mariners have not closed the door on a reunion with Suarez, who hit 13 homers in 53 games after the trade to Seattle. Suarez finished with 49 homers, tied for a career high.
7 | SP Dylan Cease
The Cubs, according to The Athletic, are among the teams showing interest in Cease, who received a $22.05 million qualifying offer despite a down walk year with the Padres. His 1,106 strikeouts since the start of 2021 are the most in the majors.
8 | SS Bo Bichette
The Red Sox, according to WEEI.com, have shown interest in Bichette, who has turned down a qualifying offer. The Blue Jays also remain interested in bringing back their homegrown talent.
9 | 1B Pete Alonso
Agent Scott Boras told reporters at the GM meetings that Alonso would be open to some DH duty next year. The Mets and Alonso have discussed a reunion, according to Jon Heyman of the New York Post.
10 | SP Michael King
Like Cease, King rejected the $22.05 million qualifying offer from the Padres, so draft compensation is attached to his free agent profile. The Marlins, according to The Athletic, are among the early teams showing interest in King, as are the Cubs.
11 | SP Tatsuya Imai
Teams have until Jan. 2 to sign the 27-year-old Scott Boras client. He was posted on Nov. 18. Imai struck out 178 batters in 163 ⅔ innings (1.92 ERA) last year for Seibu.
12 | 3B Munetaka Murakami
The 25-year-old slugger mashed 265 homers in 1003 games in Japan (.550 SLG), including a career-high 56 in 2022, but the swing-and-miss in his game (25.7%) could be a concern as he heads to America. The 45-day posting window for Murakami began on Nov. 8.
13 | SP Merrill Kelly
The 37-year-old had a 3.22 ERA to start the year in Arizona and a 4.23 ERA in 10 starts after the trade to Texas. Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic suggests that a reunion with the Diamondbacks is unlikely if Kelly’s salary top $17 million annually.
14 | OF Harrison Bader
The Phillies have interest in bringing back the 31-year-old, baseball ops chief Dave Dombrowski told reporters earlier this month. Bader hit .305/.361/.463 with five homers in 50 games after the trade to the Phillies.
15 | 1B Ryan O’Hearn
The first-time All-Star hit a career-high 17 homers in 2025, including four in 50 games (.746 OPS) after the trade from Baltimore to San Diego. O’Hearn, 32, made $8 million last year.